Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta, for serving *May substitute mozzarella or grated Parmesan
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and parsley or basil.
- Let stand at room temperature to allow flavors to marinate, at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Toss with a large spoon, sprinkle with feta and serve.