Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins
Here is a kid friendly recipe using fresh raspberries.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 ¾ cups of the flour, ½ cup sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and stir to combine.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy.
- Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from http://www.realsimple.com