This is our Market Leader, Vicki Moteelall’s favorite rhubarb recipe. It’s sure to become one of your favorites, too. Vicki says, “This is my favorite rhubarb recipe this Spring. Quick, easy and so delicious! Add some strawberries or raspberries for an extra special flavor.”
Rhubarb Dream Bars
Total Time: Prep 15 min. Bake 45 min. + cooling
Yield: 2 dozen
Dreaming of a different way to use rhubarb? Try these sweet bars with a tender shortbread-like crust topped with rhubarb, walnuts, and coconut for delicious results. Marion Tomlinson, Madison, Wisconsin —- Published online in Taste of Home
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour and the confectioners’ sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into a lightly greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350⁰ for 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and remaining flour. Add eggs. Stir in the rhubarb, walnuts, and coconut, pour over crust. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.