Rhubard Custard Bars
- 2 cups Flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13 X 9 in. pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk in cream and eggs. Stir in the rhubarb. Pour over crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until custard is set. Cool.
- For topping, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over top. Cover and chill well. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 3 dozen.