Healthy Strawberry Muffins
- 1 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- ¼ cup canola oil (or melted and slightly cooled butter)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest (optional but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a medium bowl. Stir together.
- Add the milk, maple syrup (or honey), oil, eggs, vanilla, strawberries, and lemon zest. Stir gently just to combine.
- Divide batter between the muffin pan using about ¼ cup per muffin.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a minute or two in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack. (Use a knife around the edges to loosen if needed.) Serve warm or at room temperature.