Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Asiago Cheese, Bacon, and Garlic
Prep Time – 10 mins
Cook Time – 20 mins
Total Time – 30 mins
Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Bacon, Garlic, and Asiago cheese – perfect appetizer for all kinds of meat and fish. Healthy, gluten-free, and low-carb recipe. Asparagus will have a perfect texture: crispy and crunchy, without burning or overcooking. This recipe is a fantastic alternative to grilling.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1.5 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained of fat, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Trim asparagus ends.
- Place asparagus in a 2.5-quart casserole dish, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, mix everything well. Mix in the minced garlic.
- Roast, uncovered, at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle half of shredded Asiago cheese all over asparagus, then add chopped cooked bacon, then top with the remaining half of shredded Asiago cheese. Roast for 10 more minutes, uncovered at 425 F. Asparagus should be crispy and crunchy.
Recipe from juliasalbum.com.