One-Pot Homemade Mac & Cheese
- 1 cup whole grain elbow pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Cracked fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp mustard (any kind)
- ¾ cup freshly grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Combine the pasta, broth, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mustard in a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for about 12-15 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed. If the liquid is nearly gone but your noodles aren’t tender, add ¼ cup of water.
- Once the noodles are soft and the liquid has soaked in, add the cheese and stir.
- Add the peas at the end. They will add nutrition and color to this dish. Enjoy!
Adapted from https://foodlets.com