- 1-pound fresh green peas
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup garlic French dressing or Sauce Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- ½ head lettuce, shredded
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
Cook peas in boiling salted water 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool. Add chopped celery; stir in dressing. Cover and marinate in refrigerator several hours or overnight. Spoon on a bed of shredded lettuce and garnish with chopped egg.
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- 1 green onion, chopped (or 1 tablespoon chives, snipped)
- 1 cup salad or olive oil
Place vinegar, salt, onion, parsley, tarragon, and mustard in blender. Add ¼ cup oil and blend. Stop blender, add ¼ cup more oil, and blend. Repeat until all oil is used. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.
This recipe is from Garden Fresh Soups and Salads by Verna Meyer.