Elote (Mexican Street Corn)
- 4 ears of grilled corn on the cob
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, plus more for sprinkling
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional for extra heat)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (about ½ cup) finely grated Cotija cheese*
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
Boiled or steamed corn on the cob works too.
Try a variety of chili powder (chipotle, ancho, or tajin)
Elote en vaso (corn cup) Slice the corn off the cob and divide between 4 cups, top with ¼ of the sauce and sprinkle ¼ of the Cotija blend over each cup. Sprinkle with chili powder and serve with spoons.