- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Peel and trim the ends of the carrots.
- Slice into rounds of equal thickness, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter (or warm the oil). Add the carrots and stir to coat.
- Cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes, or until soft when poked with a fork.
- Remove the cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 2 minutes to let any excess water evaporate.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
NOTE: Make this recipe even more fun by using a pound of rainbow carrots. They come in colors purple, yellow, and sometimes red.