Carrot Fries (Ranch Seasoned)
- 2 pounds carrots, medium to large
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the carrots. Cut the carrots into thin fries: slice off ends, then square off each of the sides to make a rectangular box shape. Cut into 3/8-inch-wide slices, then cut the slices into stripes.
- Place the fries in a large bowl. Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, dried parsley, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Drizzle the carrots with the olive oil, then add the spices and cornstarch mixture. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the fries on the paper, placing them as far apart as possible.
- Bake 12 minutes on one side, the flip the fries and bake 12 to 17 minutes until the fries are dry and slightly browned; watch them carefully as the cooking time can depend on the thickness of the fries and the heat of your oven. Thinner fries will turn out crispier than larger fries.
- Cool a few minutes, the serve immediately. (Note: Fries are best served right out of the oven; they become softer as they sit.)
Find it online: https.acouplecooks.com/carrots/fries/