Baked Maple Butternut Squash
- 2 pounds butternut squash (about one medium)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Dash nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the squash, scoop out seeds, and cut into ½ to 1-inch cubes.
- Put cubed squash into a large bowl.
- Heat maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg until hot and butter is melted.
- Drizzle this syrup over the squash cubes and stir gently to coat.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, stir gently, and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes longer, or until squash is tender.
- Enjoy with your favorite meat.
This recipe is from www.thespruceeats.com