- 1 ½ pounds asparagus spears
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Dijon- cooked style mustard
- 1 hard- egg, finely chopped (optional)
- Snap off and discard woody bases from fresh asparagus. No need to scrape off scales. Cook fresh asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 4 – 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, beat whipping cream just till stiff peaks form. Fold in mayonnaise, green onion, mustard, and, if desired boiled egg.
- Spoon sauce on top of asparagus. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
Note: To snap off asparagus spears…. starting at the base and working toward the tip, using both hands, bend the spear several times between your thumbs and fingers until you find a place where it breaks easily.