15-Minute Healthy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ lemon, zested
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lb. zucchini noodles, * spiralized (approximately two large zucchini)
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shrimp, sea salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes, and sauté for 4-6 minutes, until the shrimp begin to brown and are no longer translucent.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and zucchini noodles.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, just until the shrimp are completely opaque and cooked through and the noodles are softened, coated with the garlic-lemon sauce, and warmed through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley and serve.
*NOTE: There are ways to make the noodle if you do not have a spiralizer:
- Use a vegetable peeler and create long fettuccine-like noodles.
- Use a paring knife to cut the noodles into more rustic, thicker noodles.
- Use a kitchen grater to create short, rice-like zucchini noodles by shredding the zucchini lengthwise.