Power of Produce (PoP) Plus Club
PoP Club Plus is a program for adults ages 65 and up. Each week, members receive a $2 token to spend on fresh fruits, vegetables, or food producing plants. Registration is available at the PoP Club booth at the market.
What are the General Rules for the Program?
- ONLY produce vendors can accept PoP tokens
- Non-produce vendors can NOT accept PoP tokens under any circumstances
- No change will be given for PoP Club tokens
- Participants do not have to spend their PoP Club token on the same day it was received
- Participants may save tokens for future market days and/or spend multiple tokens at one time to make larger purchases
What can be purchased with PoP Club tokens?
- All fresh vegetables
- All fresh fruit
- Seeds for edible plants
- Whole plants that produce edible produce (tomato plants, pepper plants, whole herbs, raspberry and strawberry plants, etc…)
What cannot be purchased with PoP tokens?
- Dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, bread, cereals, jam, syrup, honey, rice, grains.
- Packaged pastries, cold wrapped and packaged edible items, pickles
- Hot or cold immediately consumable foods
- Fountain drinks hot or cold to include coffee and tea
- Flowers, shrubs, fresh cut flowers, decorative plants, fall ornamental pumpkins, non-edible plants.
- Non-food items, pet food, soaps, paper products, crafts or clothing items
Sponsor the PoP Club Plus
The PoP Club Plus Program is funded by St. John’s United Church of Christ.
If you are interested being a sponsor, provide giveaways to PoP Club Plus members, or have any questions, please contact Vicki Moteelall at 612-710-0508.